But the upshot is that we have firmed and booked our dates - the latter part of July 2010. Which gives me just over a year to perfect both my navigational skills and my ability to stand upright for extended periods of time (say, five minutes). This will be a challenge.
Today was a public holiday to celebrate the Queen's birthday even though it isn't really her birthday and very few would care even if it was. But it's sure nice to have a day off. In fact I personally think we should celebrate her birthday every Monday. Or somebody's anyway. But the upshot is that I've had a lovely day writing away at the computer so I thought I'd share a few 'soundbites' from my life with you:
- Me: "I'll give it a go but don't forget I can't bend properly."
- Her: "Why not?"
- Me (frowning slightly): "Because of my bung knee."
- Her: "What's wrong with your knee?"
- Me: "You know, I've torn the ligament."
- Her: "What? Aren't you over that yet?"
4. We are all, together with a friend of F14's, watching the end of Shrek 2 on DVD (note: this is an animated film), where the backdrop is a large pirate-style ship with rows of clouds cleverly positioned in lieu of sails. F18 asks admiringly: "How on earth did they get all those to stay up like that?" At which point everybody stares at her open-mouthed and then starts laughing. FF14 (also chortling derisively) responds with: "That's easy. They'd just have used string."
Welcome to my world.